The publishers say:
“Mental health professionals provide better care to their clients when they care for themselves. This highly practical guide – now revised and expanded with even more self-care strategies – has helped thousands of busy psychotherapists balance their personal and professional lives.
The book presents 13 research-informed self-care strategies and offers concrete methods for integrating them into daily life. Featuring examples and insights from master therapists, every chapter concludes with a self-care checklist. Infused with a positive message of self-renewal and growth, the book shows clinicians how to leave distress at the office and tend actively to their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
New to This Edition:
- Chapter on mindfulness and self-compassion.
- Increased emphasis on simple, real-time self-care activities.
- New examples from additional master therapists and hundreds of workshop participants.
- Up-to-date research findings on therapist stress and resilience.
- Discussions of competence constellations, building on self-care strengths, moral stress, deliberate practice, pre-session preparation, journaling, and multiculturalism. …”
For more information go here.