For over 40 years, Dr. Leslie Greenberg has researched what works in psychotherapy. Together with colleagues he has developed what is known as Emotion-Focused Therapy.
The Counselling Channel has a collection of 12 short videos about different aspects of EFT, all featuring Dr. Greenberg:
- How did Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) come about?
- Six principles for working with emotions
- What is the difference between feelings and emotions?
- What is the difference between primary and secondary emotions?
- What is core pain?
- How do we get to our core pain?
- Is core pain the same as unmet need?
- Changing emotion with emotion
- How does Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) relate to mental health problems?
- Depression and relationship difficulties explained by Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Anxiety (GAD) explained by Emotion-Focused Therapy
- What is chair work in Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)?